Last month I was lucky to eat at La Colombe twice, a lunch by invitation of Saronsberg, and a dinner by invitation of La Colombe Head Chef James Gaag. I was impressed with the growth in the restaurant cuisine and theme since first eating at the restaurant after its move to Silvermist two years ago.
Entries tagged with “Hamilton-Russell”.
Mon 19 Sep 2016
Wed 3 Aug 2016
The Ledbury is London’s top restaurant, and was ranked 14th on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants list in June. It also boasts two Michelin stars. (more…)
Wed 27 Jan 2016
I have been to The Plettenberg hotel a number of times to eat at its former Sand and now renamed Seafood restaurant. Given that the hotel is five-star graded, a Relais & Chateux property, and under the supervision (long distance) of Eat Out Top 10 Chef Peter Tempelhoff, my expectations are high of the restaurant in being the best in Plett, yet sadly are (more…)
Wed 28 Oct 2015
The 5th Chardonnay Report 90+ score winners event was held at MOMA on Buitengracht Street, a spacious if not noisy gallery filled with works of (more…)
Thu 8 Oct 2015
We have had a very soft spot for Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc and Pinotage at our Whale Cottages, the Hamilton Russell second brand suiting our guest house perfectly. It was one of the first wines we added to our wine list (joined by Creation’s Whale Pod more recently) when we opened our first Whale Cottage in Hermanus 19 years ago.
The Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc 2015 has just been launched, its 21st vintage. The wine has won ‘Best Value’ five times in Wine Spectator. It has complexity, depth, dry minerality, and ‘age-worthiness we are proud of’, explains the media release received from Hamilton Russell.
The Southern Right Sauvignon Blanc is unique in that : (more…)
Wed 24 Jun 2015
* From 25 October FlySafair will offer flights between Cape Town, Durban, and East London, as well as between Johannesburg and the two cities. Costs start at R399 one way, reports Southern African Tourism Update. The routes were selected after a vote by 20000 passengers.
* Saronsberg is the wine estate which has been ranked highest in the South African Wine Index 2015 Wine Awards Report, of all local wine (more…)
Sun 21 Jun 2015
The competition catered for wines, beers, and ciders, entered by large, small and (more…)
Thu 21 May 2015
* Daniel ‘Harry Potter’ Radcliffe was spotted climbing Table Mountain yesterday. He is in Cape Town for the filming of ‘Game Changer’.
* Lion’s Head is closed to hikers, due to a rockfall, but Table Mountain National Park is hoping to re-open it in time for the weekend.
* Cape Vintner Classification will be launched officially at the London Wine Fair this week, to counter the image of our country’s wines as ‘cheap and cheerful‘. The Classification will represent the 80% of brands that make up 10% of our wine export volume, and will market quality local (more…)
Mon 9 Mar 2015
* A bid for Cape Town to host a Grand Prix next year will be submitted by Cape Town Grand Prix SA to Motorsport South Africa tomorrow. It is planned to be hosted in Green Point and at the Cape Town Stadium. The costs involved are in the region of R750 million.
* Nando’s is using its international outlets to attract attention to top South African design, including Vogel riempie chairs, and tables by Egg Designs. Pedersen + Lennard and Design Afrika have been commissioned too. Nando’s designer Tracy Lee Lynch said about the project: ‘We’re implementing the project slowly and realistically. We’ll start with 20 pieces by 10 designers that will be used by the Nando’s interiors teams across the world. Customers in places such as Canada and the UK will see the best of our local talent‘. The company’s head office (more…)
Sun 15 Feb 2015
The second AfrAsia Bank Cape Wine Auction was held at Boschendal Wine Farm yesterday, and generated R10,5 million, exceeding its goal of monies to be raised at the prestigious event, which saw 34 wine estates offering very generous auction lots.
Bids could be made online, or in person at the Auction. Auction lots were donated by ‘Auction Ambassadors‘, with rare local and international wine collections, gourmet dinners, art, luxury cruises, and unique travel destinations. The Auction was preceded by a ‘Barrel Tasting & Preview‘ the evening before in what looked from photographs like a magical Dylan Lewis (more…)