Traveller24 has compared accommodation prices in Cape Town and Johannesburg for hotels, Bed & Breakfasts, as well as Airbnb, and found that Johannesburg generally offers more affordable accommodation. (more…)
Entries tagged with “Clifton”.
Sun 10 Apr 2016
Wed 30 Mar 2016
Live Bait is the newest restaurant to open in the Harbour House Group, owned by Michael Townsend. It has an iconic view over Muizenberg Beach and its colored beach cabins, and is a Greek-style seafood restaurant. (more…)
Sun 3 Jan 2016
Today the peak of the Festive Season comes to an end, as visitors from Johannesburg and other parts of the county and the world return home, to start work on Monday. (more…)
Sat 7 Nov 2015
Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein under Camps Bay, Cape Town, Chris von Ulmenstein, Clifton, Film news, MyCiTi Bus, Restaurant news, Somerset West, South Africa, Tourism news, Transport, WhaleTales Blog, Winelands
Yesterday evening ARD, the largest TV station in Germany and second largest broadcaster in the world, screened a movie ‘Einfach Rosa – Wolken über Kapstadt’ (‘Simply Rosa – clouds over Cape Town’), a most beautiful representation of Cape Town, and comes at a most welcome time to attract German tourists to our beautiful city and neighboring towns. It was filmed in Cape Town earlier this year.
The storyline briefly is that Mark and Nandi from Berlin fly to Cape Town to get married, with only four days to plan the wedding, with (more…)
Fri 9 Oct 2015
The Sweet Service Award goes to Gumtree, the website that allows one to advertise furniture, electronic equipment, and a myriad of other products and services for free, with immediate reaction and action. We have advertised a number of furniture items in the past two days, and the response has been phenomenal. We have met such lovely ‘shoppers’, one of them being a reader of our Blog, and have been touched about how kind the shoppers have been to help each other in loading fridges, beds, headboards, and other items. (more…)
Tue 6 Oct 2015
Sat 11 Jul 2015
The world’s Top 10 World Best City list was named as follows: (more…)
Mon 8 Jun 2015
Posted by Chris von Ulmenstein under Camps Bay, Cape Town, Chris von Ulmenstein, Clifton, Food news, Hermanus, Plettenberg Bay, Restaurant news, Stellenbosch, Tourism news, Whale Cottage Portfolio
* The EFF is calling for 40 Cape Town suburbs and Western Cape towns to be renamed, to remove references to our ‘colonial‘ past and to go back to the region’s African and Khoi San origins. Camps Bay, Worcester, Hermanus, Plettenberg Bay, Stellenbosch, and George are included on the suggested renaming list.
* The City of Cape Town has approved the sale of a piece of land called ‘Clifton Precinct‘, currently housing garages used by bungalow owners, a restaurant, and sport grounds, despite resistance from Clifton residents. The City is calling for a bidder to build a parking garage, a retail outlet, and ‘boutique line shops’! Opposition parties in the City Council are also up in arms about the proposed sale.
* The arrogance of the Department of Home Affairs knows no bounds in terms of its Immigration Regulations, it (more…)
Sat 2 May 2015
If it depends on the Cape weather, it is hardly winter yet. However, the first restaurants are sending out their Winter Specials information, summarised below. The list is updated continuously. We welcome information about new specials:
* Umi in Camps Bay: 2 course set menu R155, 3 courses R195. Beef shortrib R105, beef sirloin R95, fish & fries R85, Tataki Beef R55, Beef sliders R55, Baby squid R45. Half price sushi. Cocktails R40 Tel (021) 437-1802 (added 1/5/15)
* Pepenero in Mouille Point : 2 courses R150, 3 courses R190. Sirloin R90, Rump R90, Lamb cutlets R120, Seafood platter R160, Sushi platter R130, Veal schnitzel R110, Oxtail R110, prawn platter R130, chicken liver pasta R80, and chicken curry R90 . Half price sushi (selected items) all day. Cocktails R35. Daily. Tel (021) 439-9027 (added 1/5/15)
Mon 2 Feb 2015
* Ghanaian rapper D Black has been holidaying in Cape Town, his Instagram and Twitter (with 146000 followers!) shows. He visited Robben Island, Table Mountain,CampsBay, and the V&A V & A Waterfront. He also recorded with local musician Donald in Denial.
* Cape Town has been named by National Geographic as the second best Beach City in the world, the Clifton beaches mentioned specifically for their protection against the wind and expensive accommodation. The False Bay beaches, as well as Milnerton and Blouberg, are referred to. Number one is Barcelona, with its Barcenoleta Beach. The rest of the Beach City ranking is Honolulu (Waikiki Beach), Nice’s three beaches, Miami Beach, Rio de Janeiro’s Copacabana and Ipanema beaches, Santa Monica, Sydney’s Bondi, Tel Aviv, and Vancouver’s ten beaches.
* SA Tourism, host of INDABA 2015, is describing the trade show as one which will exceed the expectations of both (more…)