The Autumn and Winter 2013 specials for Cape Town and Winelands restaurants follow below, and are updated continuously. We welcome information about new specials, and feedback about your meals at these restaurants:
* Pepenero in Mouille Point : Sirloin and chips R89, Lamb shank lasagne R99, Seafood platter R149, Sushi platter R129, Crayfish tails R169, Chicken schnitzel R85, Minestrone R65, Chicken liver pasta R80, Prawn platter R119. Half price sushi all day. Daily. Tel (021) 439-9027 (updated 2/9)
* Theo’s on Beach Road, Mouille Point: Oysters R8 each, Seafood soup R55, Prawn special R110, Linefish and prawn combo R99, Linefish and calamari R99, Sole and Calamari R99, Rump or sirloin R99, Spare Ribs R99, Rump Espetada R99, 250g Lobster and prawn platter R139; Seafood platter R125. Tel (021) 439-3494 (updated 12/6)
* Sevruga in the V&A Waterfront: 2 course lunch R125, 3 courses R165, 4 courses R195; half price sushi and dim sum Monday – Saturday 12h00 – 18h00; 25 % off sushi and dim sum, Sunday 12 – 2pm, 50 % on Sunday 2 – 6 pm. Tel (021) 421-5134 (updated 8/8)
* Beluga, The Foundry, Green Point: 2 course lunch R125, 3 courses R165, 4 courses R195; 50 % off sushi, dimsum and cocktails from 12h00 – 18h00 Sundays, and from 12h00 – 18h00 other weekdays. Tel (021) 418-2948 (updated 8/8)
* La Mouette, Regent Road, Sea Point : 6-course Tasting Menu R295, 7 courses R345. Monday – Sunday dinner, Sunday lunch. Until December. Tel (021) 433-0856 (updated 4/11).
* Bertha’s in Simonstown: 1 kg Queen prawns cost R 109, Kingklip R135; 1 kg chicken wings R99, 1 kg mussels R 109; chicken wings and mussels R99; chicken wings and prawns R99; half rack of spare ribs R89. Bertha’s seafood platter R119. Tel (021) 786-2138 (updated 6/4)
* Aubergine: 2 course Bistro dinner R215 (R298 with wine), 3 course Bistro dinner R290 (R415 with wines). Degustation dinner specials: 3-course R385 (R540 with wine), 4-course R470 (R690 with wine), 5-course R560 (R840 with wine). 15 % discount if order is placed before 18h30. 2 course lunch R225, 3 course R290. Tel (021) 465-4909 (updated 12/9)
* Ferryman’s Tavern, V&A Waterfront: 500 g T-bone steak and chips R145, 300g rump or sirloin with half pint Windhoek Draught R85 daily. 2 x 600g pork ribs R145 on Mondays, 2 x Eisbein and Sauerkraut R150 on Tuesdays, 2 x 180g Beef burgers R95 on Wednesdays. Until end August. Tel (021) 419-7748 (updated 8/8)
* Blowfish in Blouberg: half-price sushi Wednesday and Sunday 5 – 8 pm; 500g ribs and 500g chicken wings plus two SA Breweries beers R125 lunch. ‘Crayfish at cost’ for whole crayfish R85 Saturday lunch and dinner. TGIM Seafood platter (line fish, calamari, mussels, prawns) R99 Monday lunch and dinner. 6 oysters and glass of Moët et Chandon R100. Tel (021) 556-5464 (updated 2/9)
* Knife restaurant, Century City: Bagels R35, Chicken sandwich R45, Steak sandwich R55. Lunch special, 12h00 – 15h00, Mondays – Fridays. Summer. Tel (021) 551-5000 (updated 6/4)
* Trees Restaurant, Townhouse Hotel, Cape Town: Buffet R158 Sundays – Thursdays. Tel (021) 465-7050 (updated 6/4)
* The Square, Vineyard Hotel, Newlands: 5 course menu R 210/R320 with wines, dinner only. Monday – Sunday. Tel ()21) 657-4500 (updated 6/4)
* Arnold’s on Kloof, 60 Kloof Street, Gardens: Early bird breakfast half-price special if order before 7h00 Monday – Friday. Stuffed mushroom R35, 150g sirloin R89, 300g sirloin R149, Summer Chicken breast R 49 for one and R75 for two, ostrich goulash R75. Tel (021) 424-4344 (updated 6/4)
* Codfather, Camps Bay: half-price sushi 12h00 – 18h00, daily. Indefinite. Tel (021) 438-0782
* Cape Town Fish Market, Big Bay, V&A Waterfront, Canal Walk, Tyger Valley, Stellenbosch, Tokai, Grand West Casino: “All you can eat Breakfast Buffet” R60, Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays; Seafood buffet lunch R149, Sundays and public holidays. Buy one, get one free – hake on Mondays, sushi on Tuesdays, calamari/baby squid on Wednesdays. Tel (021) 554-5962 (updated 6/4)
* La Boheme and La Bruixa, Sea Point: 2-courses R100, 3-courses R 125. Tel (021) 434-8797 (updated 6/4)
* The Round House, Camps Bay: 4-course a la carte menu R295 (R523 with wine). Tel (021) 438-4347 (updated 3/5)
* Planet Restaurant, Mount Nelson Hotel: 4-courses R325, with R175 extra for the wine pairings. Tel (021) 483-1000 (updated 3/5).
* Savour Restaurant, 51 on Orange: 2-course R189, 3-courses R225, for lunch and dinner. Tel (021) 469-8037 (updated 6/4)
* La Colombe, Constantia: 8-course Gourmand menu R 625, or with wine R850, Monday – Saturday; 2 course lunch R185, 3 courses R240 from 17 June – 15 November; 5 course dinner R395 with wine, R310 without wine, from 17 June – 31 October. Specials do not apply to Sundays. Tel (021) 794-2390 (updated 6/4)
* Catharina’s, Steenberg Hotel: Sunday buffet lunch R250 (R280 from 1 July). Tel (021) 713-2222 (updated 3/5)
* Constantia Uitsig: 3-course lunch and dinner R410 for minimum 13 persons. Monday – Saturday. Specials do not apply to Sundays. Tel (021) 794-4480 (updated 8/4)
* River Café: Soup of the day R45, Fish of the day R120, and Pasta of the day R75; Muffin, scone, croissant or slice of cake of the day R25. 15h00 – 16h30. Not available on Sundays. Tel (021) 794-3010 (updated 8/4)
* Rick’s Café Américain, Park Road: Monday – Friday Lunch special R49, change daily; and more specials on drinks. Tel (021) 424-1100 (updated 6/4)
* Azure Restaurant, Twelve Apostles Hotel, Camps Bay: 5-courses R495, 3 courses for R350 includes movie and popcorn, Tel (021) 437-9000 (updated 6/4)
* Diva Pizza, Buitenkant Street: 2 large margherita pizzas with choice of two toppings R94, Monday – Sunday. Tel (021) 461-0013 (updated 6/4)
* Tokyo Restaurant & Sushi Bar: Buy two get one free daily until 5pm; Sushi Buffet Fridays and Saturday from 5 pm, 7 plates from conveyor R99, unlimited number of plates R118. Tel (021) 424-5108 (updated 6/4)
* BlueFin Seafood & Sushi, Plattekloof: 50 % off sushi 10h00 – 17h00; ‘Eat as much as you like’ Sushi R129; Platters ½ price from 11h00 – 19h00. Monday – Sunday. Tel (021) 558-4281 (updated 6/4)
* Reuben’s, One&Only Cape Town, V&A Waterfront: One&Only Seafood Platter for Two R995. Sunday lunch buffet R225. Vicky’s Tasting Menu 7 courses R 690 (R990 with wine pairings) on Thursday evenings. 3-course (soup, sandwich, dessert) winter warmer lunch R125. Tel (021) 431-5888 (updated 23/5)
* Café Chameleon, Plattekloof: Monday – Friday lunch special of small pizza R 45. Monday and Saturday dinner large pizza special R55. Tel (021) 911-1025 (updated 6/4)
* Taiwan City Chinese Cuisine, Century City: 2 courses for 2 persons for R 188. Tel (021) 555-3081 (updated 6/4)
* Myoga, Vineyard Hotel, Newlands: 7-course dinner R 265. R460 with wine pairing. Tel (021) 657-4545 (updated 6/4)
* Zorba’s, Lagoon Beach: Seafood and meat platter for two R220. Beef espetada R110. Lunch and dinner daily. Tel (021) 528-2093 (updated 6/4)
* I ♥ my Laundry, Buitengracht Street: 8 pieces of Dim Sum and a cappuccino or glass of wine R40. Daily 7h00 – 19h00. Fondue Thursdays R125. Tel 084 6600 777 (updated 6/4).
* Slug & Lettuce, Kloof Street: 200g pure beef burger, or chicken and pine wrap, with fries, at R35. Monday – Friday 11h00 – 17h00. Tel (021) 422-5325 (updated 4/6)
* Foodbarn, Noordhoek: 3-courses R225. Tel (021) 789-1390 (updated 6/4)
* Bistro 1800°, Cape Royale Luxury Hotel, Green Point: Buy two main courses, get cheapest one for free, Monday – Thursday 17h00 – 19h00, until 31 July Tel (021) 430-0506 (updated 26/6)
* Tuscany Beach, Camps Bay: Buy two, get cheaper one free, 25% off sushi, until 31 July. Every lunch and dinner. Tel (021) 438-1213 (updated 5/6)
* Pigalle, Green Point: 2-courses R155, 3-courses R195 Monday – Thursday; Seafood Platter for two R375, Fleur du Cap wine R20 per glass. Monday – Thursday dinner, and Tuesday – Friday lunch, until end August. Tel (021) 421-4848 (updated 5/6)
* 5 Rooms, Alphen Boutique Hotel: 3-course set menu R199. Flame grilled sirloin R95, Game platter R189, Chicken curry R89, Braised oxtail R120, Seafood platter for one R179, Prawn platter R109, Mussel Hotpot R89, Linefish R99. Tel (021) 795-6313 (updated 10/5)
* Harbour House, V & A Waterfront and Kalk Bay: 2 courses R150, 3 courses R170. Available all days except Sunday in August. Tel (021) 418-4744 (updated 24/8)
* Mezepoli, Camps Bay: Half-price sushi Monday – Thursday. Tel (021) 438-1915 (updated 6/4)
* Mezbaan Indian Restaurant, Hilton Cape Town: ‘Curry Cup’ Buffet with soup, salads, nine curries, sambals, naan bread, poppadoms, and a selection of desserts, and all soft drinks R151, Thursday evenings. Tel (021) 481-3700 (updated 6/4)
* Buitenverwachting Restaurant, Constantia: Tasting menu 4 courses R385, 5 courses R 495. Tel (021) 794-3522 (updated 6/4)
* Saints on 84 Kloof, Gardens: Order 2 flatbreads and pay for one Monday; order 2 Saints classic burgers and pay for one Thursday. Tel (021) 424-0030 (updated 6/4)
* Alexander Bar and Café, Strand Street: Home cooked dish of day R40 on Mondays, R50 rest of week. Tel (021) 300-1088 (updated 6/4)
* Andiamo, old Cape Quarter, De Waterkant: 2 pizzas or 2 pastas, or one of each, at R 109,95 on Mondays and Tuesdays. Tel (021) 421-3687 (updated 6/4).
* Willoughby’s, V&A Waterfront: ’Clicquot Fridays’: 3 sashimi dishes with tuna and salmon, and glass of Veuve Clicquot R149. Fridays. Tel (021) 418-6115 (updated 6/4)
* Sotano by Caveau, La Splendida Hotel, Mouille Point: 2 lamb burgers for the price of one on Wednesdays from 17h00, Tel (021) 433-1757 (updated 6/4)
* OYO at V&A Hotel, V&A Waterfront: A Winter Comfort Food main course and glass of wine R100. 500g crayfish R199. Tel (021) 419-6677 (updated 2/9)
* Leaf Restaurant: Sushi Buffet eat as much as you like R119, 50% off sushi before 18h00. Tel (021) 418-4500. (updated 6/4)
* Salt Café, Victoria Road, Bantry Bay: Butter Chicken Curry R65. Tel (021) 439-3354 (added 7/4)
* Kyoto Sushi, 11 Kloof Nek Road: 5 courses plus welcome cocktail and a glass of wine R150. Tel (021) 422-2001 (added 7/4)
* Barristers Grill, Newlands: Buy one main course, get a second free, on Mondays. Tel (021) 671-7907 (added 8/4)
* Buena Vista Social Café, Green Point: R30 off for R150 bill or more, lunch daily. Tel (021) 418-2467 (added 16/4)
* Reflections, Sea Point: Eat as much sushi as you like plus welcome cocktail and miso soup, R135 only if pre-booked, Monday – Sunday 18h00 – 23h00. Tel 087 151 4595 (added 17/4)
* Kalk Bay Café: Curry Feast – eat as much as you like, 5 curries offered R85, on Thursday evenings. Tel (021) 788-7760 (added 17/4).
* Bistro Sixteen82, Steenberg: 2 tapas and a carafe of Klein Steenberg R90. Tel (021) 713-2211 (updated 31/5)
* Sinn’s, Wembley Square: 3 courses plus a glass of Excelsior wine R175 for dinner. Lunch specials R65. Tel (021) 465-0967 (updated 18/5)
* Cafe Chic, Gardens: 6 course Tapas menu R99 Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. 220g rib-eye steak R65, musselpot R55 from 3 pm. Tel (021) 465-7218 (updated 18/5)
* St Elmo’s: 2 large regular Pizzas R119,90. Tel 086178 35667 (added 1/5)
* Il Cappero, Camps Bay: Children under 14 years eat pasta and dessert free on Sundays, accompanied by a minimum of one adult, for Sunday lunch; 50% off on all pasta dishes Tuesday and Wednesday evenings but no BYO allowed. Tel (021) 438-7074 (added 2/5)
* Spiro’s, Hout Bay: 500g rump, chips and Greek salad R110. Tel (021) 791-3897 (added 2/5)
* Savour, 15 on Orange hotel: 2 courses cost R189, 3 courses R225, includes a complimentary bottle of Hermanuspietersfontein. Tel (021) 469-8000 (added 3/5)
* Mano A Mano, Gardens: 250 g sirloin R75, 150g beef burger R55, 300g lamb cutlets R100, crumbed kingklip R65, chicken schnitzel burger R50, seafood pasta R65, and chicken curry R65. Monday 8h00 – 14h30, Tuesday – Sunday 8h00 until late. Tel (021) 422-4415 (added 10/5)
* Mykonos Taverna, Sea Point: Sunday Buffet R98. Tel (021) 439-2106 (updated 14/6)
* Gibson’s, V&A Waterfront: Two 200g burgers for the price of one (most expensive charged) on Mondays; Gibson’s Rosé and Chenin Blanc or one of 14 craft beers free with a meal on Tuesdays. For 750g beef ribs, 600g lamb ribs, or 600g pork ribs get one burger free on Wednesdays (T&Cs). Until 31 October. Tel (021) 418-3660 (updated 2/9)
* HQ, Buitengracht Street: Two for the price of one steak, chips and salad R169, on Mondays. Three sittings. Half price tapas on Thursdays. Tel (021) 424-6373 (updated 16/7)
* Hussar Grill, Rondebosch: Two choices of 2 courses: R59 or R99. Tel (021) 689-9516 (added 13/5)
* Café Caprice, Camps Bay: Two burgers for the price of one, Tuesdays – Thursdays. Tel (021) 438-8315 (added 14/5)
* Debonairs Pizza, Gardens: Real deal pizzas (19cm) R19,90; get four Savoury Beg4Mores with 2 large pizzas ordered. Free delivery. Tel (021) 424-7827 (added 22/5)
* Nobu, One&Only Cape Town: Set Menu from R299, Winter Bento Boxes R275. Tel (021) 431-5111 (added 23/5)
* Balducci’s, V&A Waterfront: Pizza or pasta at R54 (terms and conditions apply), Moët & Chandon R399 and sushi from R20 for 4 pieces; 24 piece Platinum Sushi Platter R109, 250g 28-day matured rump steak R79. Monday – Sunday 12h00 – 18h00, until end August. Tel (021) 421-6002 (updated 19/8)
* Meloncino, V&A Waterfront: 2 course meal plus glass of Solms-Delta wine R149, from 1 June – 31 August. Home-made beef lasagne; any calzoni; Bucatini pasta served with aubergine pesto, Pecorino cheese and diced tomatoes all R49 Tel (021) 419-5558 (updated 28/5)
* City Grill, V&A Waterfront: 2 course meal including glass of Solms-Delta Astor Red 2012 R149, from 1 June – 31 August. Spicy mushroom burger, haloumi and avocado burger, Burger Diane all R49. Tel (021) 421-9820 (updated 28/5)
* The Greek Fisherman, V&A Waterfront: 2 course meal including glass of Solms-Delta Astor White 2012 R149, 1 June – 31 August. Feta stuffed calamari, chicken souvlaki, and moussaka all R49. Tel (021) 418-5411 (updated 28/5)
* GOLD Restaurant: 12 course dunner R 253. Tel (021) 421-4653 (added 31/5)
* The Bungalow Restaurant & Lounge, Clifton: Slow roasted lamb shank R160, Venison Pie R120, Oxtail R140, Ossobucco Bainco R120, Crayfish Pasta R190, Winter Minestrone R70, Mushroom Risotto R130, and Chocolate Fondant R70. 3 courses R199 or R250; Burger and craft beer R100. Tel (021) 438-2018 (updated 22/7)
* Orinoco Restaurant & Deli: Fajita R100 Tuesday – Saturday lunch and dinner; Asado Grill R165 Wednesday evenings. 3 course dinner R175 Tel (021) 418-4544 (updated 26/7)
* Bayside Café, Blouberg: Meal for two pay for only for more expensive dish. Until end September. Tel (021) 557-8511 (updated 5/9)
* Tribakery Blue Route, Cavendish, Bergvliet and kalk Bay: Burger two for the price of one from 18h00 daily. Until end August (added 5/6)
* Moyo Blouberg, Kirstenbosch, V&A Waterfront: 2 courses R 145, 3 courses R165; Potjie R165 Tuesday, WEdnesday, Thursdays. Until end August (added 5/6)
* Cincin: 500g ribs, 500g chicken wings and 2 SAB beers R150, lunch and dinner, until end July. Tel (021) 556-5464 (added 5/6)
* Blues, Camps Bay: 2 courses R150, 3 courses R180. Until end August. Tel (021) 438-2040 (added 5/6)
* Bloemendal, Durbanville: Buffet and glass of Monis R 197,50. Sundays. Until end June. Tel (021) 975-7575 (added 5/6)
* Zenzero, Camps Bay: 3 Courses R199, wild mushroom and red onion risotto R90, soup of day R70, lamb shank R140, ricotta gnocchi R90, beef ragu and mozzarella cannelloni R100, line fish R100, Braised oxtail R110. Tel (021) 438-0007 (updated 2/9).
* Snoekies, Sea Point: Snoek, chips and can of Coke R39,90. Monday – Sunday 11h00 – 22h00. Tel (021) 433-1709 (added 8/6).
* Fishermans Choice, V&A Waterfront: Kingklip R99, Hake R59, Prawns R65. Tel (021) 421-4866 (added 8/6)
* Five Flies: 3 course dinner R190. Chef’s Table 6-course Tasting Menu paired with wines R275, maximum 20 persons, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday evenings. Tel (021) 424-4442 (updated 19/7)
* Mariner’s Wharf, Hout Bay: Soup of day R25, Shrimp cocktail R30, Prawns Tempura R39, Calamari R55, Mussels R55, Sirloin R65, Seafood Curry R75, Prawns R79, Seafood platter R99, Cape Brandy Tart R25, Brownies R25. Daily except Sunday lunch and public holidays. Until 30 September. Tel (021) 790-1100 (added 30/6)
* Wang Thai Constantia: Curry Festival – free Jasmine rice and glass of Durbanville Hills wine. Until 31 August. Tel (021) 794-0022 (added 8/8)
* Fish on the Rocks, Hout Bay: Hake and chips R35 Monday – Friday 16h00 – 20h00. Tel (021) 790-0001 (updated 8/8)
* Dunes, Hout Bay: 250g Fillet steak R99. Tel (021) 790-1876 (added 30/6)
* Delish, Hout Bay: Buy one burger, get another free Friday and Saturday from 18h00. Tel (021) 790-5324 (updated 8/8)
* Ferrymans Tavern, V&A Waterfront: Two 600g pork ribs R145 Mondays; Two Eisbein and sauerkraut R150; Two 180g Beef burgers R95 Wednesdays; 500g T-Bone steak R95, 300g rump or sirloin plus half pint Windhoek Draught R85 Daily. Until end August. Tel (021) 419-7748 (added 30/6)
* RJ’s Grill Express Diner, Sea Point: 400g ribs R65,95; 600g ribs R99,95; Lamb, Chicken, Beef Bunny Chow R39,95. Burger, chips and Pepsi R34,95. Tel (021) 300-0940 (updated 13/7)
* Kalk Bay Café: Soup of day R38, Pasta of the day R75, Fish of the day R95,50, Seafood Platter R165, Rump R125, Ladies’ steak R90. Tel (021) 788-7760 (added 30/6)
* Keenwä: 2 course dinner with a glass of wine R150, or R200 per couple. One course lunch R65. Tuesday – Saturday. Tel (021) 419-2633 (updated 29/7)
* Rocca, Cape Quarter: Mediterranean Buffet Wednesday evenings R119. Ts and Cs apply. Tel (021) 418-8000 (added 19/7)
* Mitchell’s, V&A Waterfront: Sirloin R97,50, Half peri peri chicken with prawns and savoury rice R85. Tel (021) 419-5074 (added 8/8)
* Ocean Basket: Family Platter for four R199,90. All branches. (added 1/9)
* Southern Sun The Cullinan: Sunday Buffet R185. Tel (021) 415-4000 (added 12/9)
* Allee Bleue Bistro, Franschhoek: choice of three 250g steaks at R115 – R145, including a glass of estate wine, Lunch, Daily; Sunday Spit Braai and Potjie R195; Herb garden tour and 3-course lunch R185. Tel (021) 874-1021 (updated 28/5)
* Allora in Franschhoek: 3-course Sunday lunch R110. Lunch and dinner: 2 courses R89, 3 courses R110 from 1 May. Tel (021) 876-4375 (updated 6/4 )
* Grande Provence Jonkershuis, Franschhoek: 3-course lunch and dinner for a minimum of eight guests, R 275 per person, from 1 May – 30 September (7 course lunch and dinner at R595 per person for a minimum of 10 guests from October – March); 2-course Curry evenings on Tuesdays R250. Picnic and bottle of wine and of water for two R420, and R630 for 2 adults and 2 children, from November – April. Tel (021) 876-8600 (updated 18/6).
* La Residence, Franschhoek: 3 courses set menu R 600 per person, all inclusive of ‘house wines’ and local beverages. Dinner. Daily. Tel (021) 876-4100 (updated 6/4)
* Haute Cabriere, Franschhoek: 4-course Table d’Haut lunch R295 with wines, R 195 without wines, Tuesday – Sunday; Vintage Tasting Menu – 5 courses and wine R495, Tuesdays – Saturday dinners; Chef’s Special Pinot Noir Tasting Menu 6 courses and wines R595 Friday and Saturday dinner. Tel (021) 876-3688 (updated 13/7)
* Reuben’s, Franschhoek: Burger and chips R 75 lunch. 3-course lunch and dinner R 220 every day except Friday and Saturday dinner. Until end August. Tel (021) 876-3772 (updated 8/5).
* Pierneef à La Motte, La Motte: 4 courses with wine pairing R 450, and R 395 without wines; 6-course dinner with ‘surprises in-between’ R495, or R650 with wine pairing. Tel (021) 876-8800 (updated 8/6)
* The Tasting Room, Le Quartier Français: 8 course surprise menu, order two get one free for R770 (to be prepaid). Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, until 13 June. Tel (021) 876-2151 (added 1/5)
* Ryan’s Kitchen: 4 courses R340 (R480 with wines), 5 courses R 400 (R570 with wines), 6 courses R460 (R660 with wine). Tel (021) 876-4598 (added 3/5).
* Fyndraai, Solms-Delta: 3 course lunch R 145. 1 June – 31 August. Tel (021) 874-3937 (added 29/5)
* Monneaux at Franschhoek Country House: 2 course lunch R140; Choice of three currries R110 Wednesdays and Fridays. Tel (021) 876-3386 (added 21/6)
* Bosman’s, Grande Roche, Paarl: 2-courses R150, 3-courses R185 Monday – Sunday lunch (Bosman’s and at Bistro). Tel (021) 863-5100 (updated 6/4)
* eat @ Simonsvlei, Simonsvlei Winery, Old Paarl Road: 3 course carvery R150 last Sunday of month. Tel (021) 863-3040 (updated 6/4)
* The Red Table Restaurant at Nederburg: 2 courses R125 (R140 with wine), 3 courses R 175 (R215 with wine). Tuesday – Sunday lunch, Friday dinner. Heritage Heroes 5 course lunch Tasting Menu R195, paired with wines in the range. Tel (021) 877-5155 (added 13/9)
* Harvest, Laborie: 2 courses R130, 3 courses R155, Monday – Friday lunch, Wednesday and Thursday dinner. Tel (021) 807-3095 (added 14/6)
* Towerbosch Restaurant, Knorhoek Wine Estate, Stellenbosch: Asado Argentian-style braai on Sundays R175. Tel (021) 865-2958 (updated 6/4)
* Tokara Restaurant, Stellenbosch: Chef’s Menu – 3 courses inclusive of 2 glasses of Miles Mossop wine R275, from 24 April. Tuesday – Sunday lunch, Tuesday – Saturday dinner. Tel (021) 885-2550 (updated 17/4)
* Clos Malverne, Stellenbosch: 4-course wine and food pairing lunch R198, Tuesday – Friday. Tel (021) 865-2022 (updated 21/8)*
* Lord Neethling Restaurant, Neethlingshof, Stellenbosch: choice of 4 hot dishes with 250 ml wine R109, Sunday buffet lunch R160. Wednesday and Friday dinner, and Monday – Saturday lunch. Tel (021) 883-8966 (updated 6/4)
* Warwick wine estate: Picnics for two R299. Monday – Sunday. Tel (021) 884-4410 (updated 6/4)
* Terroir, Kleine Zalze: 2 courses R 225, 3 courses R255, both with one glass of Kleine Zalze wine. Monday – Saturday lunch and dinner, from 2 May. Tel (021) 880-8167 (updated 6/4)
* Dornier Bodega Restaurant, Dornier wine estate: 2 courses R180; 3 courses R225 Wednesday – Saturday; Seafood platters (normal price seafood platter R375, crayfish platter R 200, langoustine platter R190) half price on Wednesdays. Wine Lounge platter of cheeses and cold meats with 3 Dornier wines R175 for two persons Wednesdays – Sundays 11h30 – 15h00. Lunch daily. Tel (021) 880-0557 (updated 5/9)
* Overture: 4-courses R 295, and R 420 if paired with wines, weekdays. Tel (021) 880-2721 (updated 19/7)
* Makaron Restaurant at Majeka House: 3 courses R295. Closed Wednesdays from 17/4, and in June. Tel (021) 880-1549 (updated 6/4)
* Wild Peacock Food Emporium: 2 courses R140, 3 courses R180, with wine. Wednesdays – Fridays. Starters R40, Main course R70, Desserts R40, all at two for the price of one Mondays – Fridays 12h00 – 15h00. Tel (021) 887-7585 (updated 8/6).
* Jordan Restaurant: 4 courses and 2 glasses of Jordan wine R275, from 2 May, offer excludes Sundays. Tel (021) 881-3612 (added 23/4).
* 96 Winery Road: 3 course meal R185 Monday – Thursday; 25% off for a table of four on Friday and Saturday; 50% off Stellenbosch wines Monday – Saturday lunch. September Tel (021) 842-2020 (added 4/9)
* Delheim: Jazz and Cheese Fondue plus glass of Gluehwein and live jazz R 150, Sundays until end August. Tel (021) 888-4607 (added 10/6)
* Cuvée, Simonsig: 3 course lunch with glass of wine R 195. Tel (021) 888-4932 (added 10/6)
* Hartenberg: Steak and Shiraz R90. Tel (021) 865-2541 (added 25/7)
* Blue Rock: Buy 1 Gourmet Pizza a la Italia or a schnitzel, and get 50% off the second. July. Tel (021) 858-1330 (added 5/7)
* The Class Room, Hermanus: 2 courses R120, 3 courses R155. Wednesdays – Saturdays 9 October – 2 November dinner; Rump and seafood combo plus glass of wine R90 Wednesday – Saturday lunch; Casserole, Chicken and vegetable stir fry, mussels or fried calamari strips plus glass of wine R65 Wednesday – Saturday lunch ongoing special for pensioners. Tel (028) 316-3582 (updated 10/9)
* Cattle Baron: 300g Chateaubriand R125; Lunch Buffet R54 for pensioners and R69 for non-pensioners, Wednesday – Friday 12h00 – 15h00. Tel (028) 313-0384 (updated 6/4)
* Annie se Kombuis: 2-course Sunday lunch R 80. Tel (028) 313-1350 (updated 7/4)
* Waterkloof is closed on Mondays from April – September.
* The Kitchen at Maison in Franschhoek will be closed in June and July.
* L’ermitage Restaurant, Franschhoek: closed for dinner from 1 April – end winter
* Makaron will be closed on Wednesdays in winter, and for all of June.
* Overture will be closed in June.
* Oasis Bistro at The Mount Nelson will be closed from May – end September.
* Dornier Bodega Restaurant: closed for dinner in winter, but open for lunch and tapas daily.
* Aubergine is closed for lunch from May – August.
* Grande Provence is closed from 15 July – 5 August.
* Pierneef à la Motte is closed from 17 June – 12 July.
* The Rotisserie at Leopard’s Leap will be closed from 15 July – 5 August.
* Dear Me is closed from 17 – 21 June.
* Buitenverwachting will be closed from end June – mid August. The Coffee Bloc coffee shop will be open throughout this period.
* Aubergine is closing from 22 June – 16 July.
* The Test Kitchen is closed until 2 July.
* Allée Bleue Bistro will be closed in July.
* Charly’s Bakery is closed from 22 June – 15 July.
* The Class Room in Hermanus is closed from 24 June – 16 July.
* The Boat House in Scarborough is closed from 24 June – 7 July.
* Heaven restaurant at Newton Johnson will be closed for renovations for two months, opening with a new owner in September.
* Orinoco is closed until 18 July.
* Rust en Vrede is closed from 7 July – 7 August.
Chris von Ulmenstein, Whale Cottage Portfolio: www.whalecottage.com Twitter: @WhaleCottage